REFLECTOR: Front fixed gear question
Chris Barber
cbarber at texasattorney.net
Tue May 22 09:00:30 CDT 2012
My hangar mate noticed a concern regarding my front gear on my fixed gear SE. Since I am doing some cooling mods before continuing high speed taxi, it gave him the opportunity to mention it to me before I careen off the runway....
Anyway, I have had the front gear installed for years. I included the two spacer that go on each side of the axel that help hold in the bearings inside the rim. What was noted was that there is about a quarter inch space on the axel that allows the bearing to move out of the wheel even with the spacers in place. It still rolls ok but it does allow the wheel to shift a bit back and forth on the axel as it moves. I hope I am explaining this ok.
Is this ok, or should I install a couple of shims/washers to keep the wheel from shifting back and forth?
Thanks.
Chris
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120522/e2319b1e/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list