REFLECTOR: Progress

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Fri May 18 20:32:48 CDT 2012


Jack,

The fancy electronics I referred to are not part of the EI, rather a 
separate component like a relay or something.  Sorry I can't be more 
helpful.

John

On 5/18/2012 7:11 PM, Jack Prock wrote:
> Hi John,
> This is the same that I have... I will have to look at the Rose EI 
> schematic.
> Maybe my problem is not a problem at all and it's all in my head.... 
> so many things running around
> in there, and so few brain cells to handle them!!
> Thanks
> Jack
> *From:* John Dibble <mailto:aminetech at bluefrog.com>
> *Sent:* Friday, May 18, 2012 8:46 AM
> *To:* Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
> <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>
> *Subject:* Re: REFLECTOR: Progress
> I have one Rose EI and the "mag" switch is wired identical to a 
> regular mag switch.  When I turn the switch off, fancy electronics 
> that I don't understand cut power to the EI.  Don't know if this will 
> help.
>
> John
>
> On 5/17/2012 11:33 PM, Jack Prock wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am working on the final design of my electrical system and was 
>> wondering if anyone has used a standard
>> keyed ignition (OFF-Left-Right-BOTH) when set up with one mag and one 
>> electronic ignition system?
>> Up until today, I was thinking that I could use a standard aircraft 
>> keyed switch, but I didn't realize that the mag is shut off by
>> grounding out one of the leads. This means that when the keyed switch 
>> is in the off position, the two terminals and the center
>> post are actually connected. And when in the BOTH position, the two 
>> terminals and the center post are not connected.
>> I can think of a way to use the keyed switch... but the motion of the 
>> key turns from right to left, not left to right. I would just need
>> to create a new label and use a relay for the Mag connection. This 
>> would have the added benefit of not having the mag wire
>> anywhere near the radios to cut down on e-noise. I just don't like 
>> the opposite key rotation.
>> Are people with electronic ignitions using a two simple switches?  1) 
>> Elec-IGN   2) MAG
>> Do you have a key/lockset at all?
>> Any input would be helpful.
>> Thanks,
>> Jack
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visithttp://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery!www.tvbf.org/gallery  <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives:www.tvbf.org/pipermail  <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
>> Check old archives:http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120518/73fcf606/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list