REFLECTOR: Nose gear microswitch

Michael Watson mikewatsspg at gmail.com
Tue May 15 17:48:38 CDT 2012


John,

Check the mounting bracket at the base of the nose gear actuator.
It's located in the keel an the floor. The mounting holes on mine got
elongated almost a 1/2 inch.This prevented the nose gear from going over
center.
I remade the L brackets using steel instead of aluminum.


On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 1:50 PM, John Dibble <aminetech at bluefrog.com> wrote:

> A while back I replaced the nose gear strut.  The new one fit differently
> from the old one.  As a result I had slightly less travel range with the
> new one.  This means that I can't get full over center position AND have
> the wheel high enough to get the doors fully closed.  So I reduced the over
> center travel a little.  The problem seems to be that the linkage flexes
> more and exceeds the switch travel, bending the switch.  Then the light
> won't come on when the gear is down.  Is there a switch that has more
> travel in the closed position, or a way to modify mine?
>
> Thanks,
> John
> ______________________________**_________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/**
> listinfo/reflector <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector>
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/**velocity/maillist.html<http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html>
>



-- 
Mike W.
1997 Velocity Elite RG
Franklin /IVO Electric CS
Dual GRT EFIS HX Synthetic Vision
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120515/29955c9b/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list