REFLECTOR: Email vs forum

Scott Durham bsdurham at charter.net
Mon May 14 12:37:02 CDT 2012


I am well aware that I have a login to tvbf.org. I know how to maintain my email address on that list. What I was referring to is I don't have a login to your site to participate in the poll. I wasn't trying to be negative toward you, I just felt a poll that not everyone could participate in was meaningless.
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Brett Ferrell 
  To: reflector 
  Sent: Monday, May 14, 2012 8:29 AM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Email vs forum


  See, this and Hiroo's comments are the kind of negative feeling that I just honestly don't need, so why don't we table this topic?


  Everyone has a login to Brian's site (tvbf.org) today, but apparently they don't realize it, even though you get a monthly email telling you what your password to that site is. And you're actually meant to maintain your own email address for that list rather than post "please change my email" to everyone.  I really think adding the forum option would only be better, since it would work just the same as it does today for the email folks but offer additional functionality.


  But clearly people don't see it that way and I don't want folk's to think I'm pushing my website.  I don't make any money from my site, I offer it for the benefit of the community (like th! e Wiki), and it seems that a significant portion of the community doesn't see it as help. I don't want to be the focus point of irritation for folks, so let's drop it, eh?


  Brett






  > On Sun, May 13, 2012, at 11:01 PM, Scott Durham wrote:
  >I just tried to go vote and it wants me to log in. I don't have a login for this site. Leave it an email list.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120514/5b935811/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list