REFLECTOR: Email vs forum
Douglas Holub
douglas.holub at gmail.com
Sun May 13 19:41:45 CDT 2012
Brett and Brian,
I'm a little confused about the proposed changes to the Reflector format. In response to Brett's poll question ("Would you like to enable this forum to post emails?"), could the two responses also be:
* Yes, since nothing about the traditional Reflector format interface will change except the address.
* No, because I don't want others to be able to use the forum format.
If these really are the two choices, isn't it a no-brainer?
Doug Holub
----- Original Message -----
From: Brett Ferrell
To: reflector
Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2012 8:18 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Email vs forum
I will create a poll so folks can post their vote.
Brian runs the Reflector service, and has done a great job of it for years.
The forum software can allow folks to get all of the messages posted through their email, and can process their posts from email, the only change would be instead of sending email to "reflector at tvbf.org" they would send it to "reflector at velocityxl.com". I would setup everyone with an account, and subscribe anyone who wants emails, but I'd need Brian to be Ok with it. Without hosting the messages on the forum, I'd have to figure a way to keep the messages coming out of the forum from being reposted when Brian's reflector resent them.
Poll http://www.velocityxl.com/showthread.php?11863-Email-vs-forum
Brett
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120513/2b0a78c4/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list