REFLECTOR: Door grip

Chris Barber cbarber at texasattorney.net
Sun May 13 13:14:43 CDT 2012


Yeah, actually putting in a "handle" seems like way overkill that provides zero benefit.  Just cut the outer layer of glass on the bottom of the strake at the proper place, gouge out some foam and glass in the recess....pretty easy, especially if you have already built the entire plane, this is child's play.

Chris
In primer for a while....

________________________________________
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] on behalf of Richard J. Gentil [richard at naples-air-center.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2012 1:06 PM
To: geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com; Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Door grip

When I was at the factory a couple of weeks ago Scott showed me a hand grip they made by removing the top layers of glass and the foam under the strake in order to make a small hand hold to make it easier to open the door. It was really slick if someone wants an easy to make hand grip.

Richard

Sent from my iPhone 4 Classic

On May 13, 2012, at 7:56 AM, Geoff Gerhardt <geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> After I got my plane painted, assembled and in the hanger with the doors on, I quickly found that opening the door was a little awkward.  You have to turn the door handle with one hand while placing your flat palm on the underside of the strake extension without it slipping.  It seems there should be some sort of grip on the underside of the strake extension on the door to help in lifting the door.  I was regretting not creating a little cutout finger grip there prior painting.  I think I will make some sort of low-profile, streamlined grip that I'll paint and bond on.  Do you guys know what I'm talking about?  Has anyone else put some sort of grip there?
>
> Geoff
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list