REFLECTOR: Progress

Richard J. Gentil richard at naples-air-center.com
Sun May 13 12:30:37 CDT 2012


I have spent a year now flying with primer and glad I did too. I ended up shimming the wings after flying it and having to recontour the transitions for the main wings and strakes. Then I ended changing the angle of the canard which ment trimming the fuselage as well as the dog house and recontouring again. 

If I had painted the plane it would have killed me to do that to a paint job. As it is now, a rattle can of primer and I'm ready to fly again. 

Actually it looks good "US Navy" grey primer. I cannot wait till it is glossy white paint though. 

I am still tweaking here and there looking for more speed and hope to paint by the end of summer. 

Richard 

Sent from my iPhone 4 Classic

On May 13, 2012, at 5:16 AM, Andrew Ellzey <ajlz72756 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Geoff,
>  
> I know exactly what you are talking about. I kept telling myself that I was going to fly with everything in primer, but once I got to the primer stage, I quickly convinced myself, that I didn't want to take everything apart again to do the final top coat. I believe that I will save several months of work, not having to tear everything back down again. I've attached a few photo's showing my progress.
>  
> I am using Awlcraft 2000 acrylic urethane, Matterhorn White, over Awlgrip 545 Epoxy Primer. Paint prices have gone through the roof in the last two years.
>  
> Andy Ellzey
>  
>  
> 
> From: Geoff Gerhardt <geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com>
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org> 
> Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2012 4:56 PM
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Progress
> 
> Oh, how many times did I say that "a little more work and it'll be ready for paint"  Even after I had it at the painters I realized I had "a little more work" (16hrs later it was ready for paint...).  We all have to fool ourselves a little to keep forward momentum.  Right now, I'm telling myself "all I have to do is put my engine back together and mount it, and its ready to fly..."
> 
> Getting ready for paint and painting is such a massive job - good to see you're turning the corner on it.
> 
> Geoff
> 
> On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 5:04 PM, <nmflyer1 at aol.com> wrote:
> Tilt test complete. A little more finish work on the underside and the Fuselage will be ready for paint. 
> 
> Makin Progress, 
> 
> Kurt
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 
> <DSCN0130.jpg>
> <DSCN0112.jpg>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120513/2d22e8e9/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list