REFLECTOR: Now Forum

Mark Magee edjonesbrady at gmail.com
Sat May 12 21:48:28 CDT 2012


Hi Kevin,
I think you will need an APP, there are different forum host software packages but what I stated is as I know it. I respond routinely without the APP which apparently will make it even easier.
Brett, any comments?

Mark B. Magee
Sent from IPhone 4

On May 12, 2012, at 9:00 PM, Kevin Baker <flykb at verizon.net> wrote:

> Mmmmm
> 
> I thought that the emails would work the same way.
> You'll have to login to a web site or get an app to reply to emails?
> That's not the same.
> 
> If we are able to participate in the sane manner as we do now ... Get emails and respond via emails as we do now -ok
> 
> If we are not able to respond to emails without an app or logging into a web page  then I would vote to keep things the way they are.
> 
> I think we would be leaving out folks that could respond and provide helpful info but would not due to the hassle of having to login to a web page (not convient on smartphones) or having to run an app to see what's going on.
> 
> Respectfully 
> Kevin Baker
> 
> .
> 
> On May 12, 2012, at 8:13 PM, Mark Magee <edjonesbrady at gmail.com> wrote:
> 
>> All,
>> The following folks use the forum format. I will graciously present to the group that we are smarter than most folks for we do fly canards. However, I will as well submit that our mailing list format is not a secret weapon that keeps us happier and more informed that these folks, whom I will assign a modicum of intelligence despite a lack of vision (no canards):
>> Experimental:
>> Vans RV Forum: http://www.vansairforce.com/community/index.php
>> Vans UK:http://rvforum.co.uk/YaBB.pl
>> Lancair Builders: http://www.lancair-builders.com/forum/index.php
>> Lancair Legacy: http://www.highrf.com/forums/
>> Kitfox Forum: http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/
>> Rotax Powered: http://rotaxaircraft.com/forum/
>> Rotorway: http://www.rotorwayownersgroup.com/
>> Avid Kitfox Forum: http://www.avidfoxflyers.com/index.php?/forum/26-avid-flyer-general-hangar/
>> Gyrocopter/EXP Rotorheads: http://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26679
>> GA:
>> Cessna 172: http://www.cessna172club.com/forum/
>> Mooney: http://www.mooneyspace.com/index.cfm?action=forums
>> Beech Singles: http://www.beechtalk.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=2
>> Piper: http://www.piperowner.org/forums.html
>> Navion: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/navion_aircraft_mail/
>> 
>> This was a cursory list by no means exhaustive. We need to make the move, those happy with the status quo will get all the emails they toggle 'ON' to. If you toggle on to everything, then you'll see all the traffic posted to the forum. Responding to the emails from your phone will either require an APP or using your browser. So the only advantage I see of the mailing list format is the response that hits everyone by email alone. You will have that if you get an APP, if not you'll have to log into the forum by phone browser.
>> I really had no intention of getting on this today, someone else brought it up so I piled on I suppose. 
>> No offense to anyone, I think everyone wins if we go to a forum, particularly new folks. Flight safety for the community are my motives.
>> 
>> Respectfully (But let's do this people)
>> 
>> Mark B. Magee 
>> N34XL XLFG 300HP 80HRS
>> 
>> 'Texan by birth, Canardian by choice'
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 5:37 PM, Brett Ferrell <reflector at velocityxl.com> wrote:
>> That's correct, and I've already imported emails that I had from back to 2001, so I've captured a fair amount of history.
>> 
>> But I don't want to push a change that there isn't concensus for.  After watching the fracturing of the Canard forums the most important thing for me is that there is one community so folks can have conversations with the largest set of builders possible.  If we can and want to improve it, I'm all for that, but I don't want to create dischord.
>> 
>> Brett
>> 
>> > Brett
>> >Am I correct in understanding that you would be able to do both?
>> >Forum and email (as it is now?)
>> >If that's true I could also send you all the past emails exported from my email program and could you import them for everyone ?
>> > 
>> >Thanks
>> > Kevin Baket
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>> 
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>> 
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120512/8bab51e1/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list