REFLECTOR: Was Brakes -> Now Forum
Brett Ferrell
reflector at velocityxl.com
Sat May 12 07:52:46 CDT 2012
I'm not advocating here, if people don't want to change anything I'm
totally fine with that. But a forum-style board can still allow those that
want to to recieve and send their messages by email, so they would not see
any change.
Brett
-------Original Message-------
From: Patrick Sieders
To: Aircraft Owners and Builders list, Velocity
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Was Brakes -> Now Forum
Sent: 12 May '12 07:38
If you want forum style, checkout www.velocity-xl.com, where Brett sorts
all the emails and puts them in sort of a forum style system.
Easier to research I agree, but it's nice to get some emails about stuff
we are all interested in.
Patrick sieders
-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Magee <[LINK: compose.php?to=edjonesbrady at gmail.com]
edjonesbrady at gmail.com>
Sent: May 12, 2012 08:09
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <[LINK:
compose.php?to=reflector at tvbf.org] reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: REFLECTOR: Was Brakes -> Now Forum
Hi Kevin/All,
A forum would be MUCH easier to find old threads later to review valuable
info posted up IMHO. There is a -good- reason most all other interest
groups on the web are in forum format. The only downside is the necessity
of a relatively active administrator.
For instance: this Matco brake upgrade thread is very valuable to me
personally (XL FG: orig Matcos). I can't really take action on this this
weekend so all I can do is create a file folder for this thread on my end.
OTW I have to either email search my folders or (please no) search a an
archive. In a forum format it would -always- be there for everyone for
future reference and easily found by a search.
I participate on multiple forums on the web for varied topics and I fear
a lot of very valuable data is lost for those of us who subscribe here:
searching a digested mailing list archive in my mind is akin to searching
microfiche vs the ease of a forum format.
Kevin, are you a member of any forums? Frankly I can't understand anyone
who is would prefer this to a format a forum.
I was on a VW mailing list that went to a forum 10 years ago...
No offense intended to the originators of this mailing list and those in
their comfort zone here. It is very valuable, just very difficult to search
for a topic covered in the past.
To repeat, there are valid reasons that nearly (virtually?) all interest
groups on the web have abandoned mailing lists and are forum based.
We would all benefit greatly, flight safety would benefit by a forum
format.
My $.02
Mark B. Magee
N34XL
Sent from IPhone 4
Texan by birth, Canardian by choice.
On May 11, 2012, at 4:35 PM, Kevin Baker <[LINK:
compose.php?to=flykb at verizon.net] flykb at verizon.net> wrote:
> I concur
> I like the current email format.
>
> Kevin Baker
>
> .
>
> On May 11, 2012, at 4:26 PM, "Scott" <[LINK:
compose.php?to=scott at tnstaafl.net] scott at tnstaafl.net> wrote:
>
>>
>>
>> I would not be happy if the list moved to a forum. Probably would
rarely participate.
>>
>> Sent from my Android phone.
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit [LINK:
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector]
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: [LINK:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html]
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit [LINK:
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector]
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: [LINK:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html]
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit [LINK:
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector]
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: [LINK:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html]
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit [LINK:
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector]
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: [LINK:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html]
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120512/2114e6ac/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list