REFLECTOR: Egt
Mike Dawson
medawson250 at yahoo.com
Sat May 12 01:48:52 CDT 2012
They are a little black but I am running 100 LL cuz of the auto gas thing. I hope Dave sees this.
Everything I have found online, although it is about racing, says 1400 is hot if if left too long.
I do have iconel valves so they are ok.
Michael E Dawson
ATCI CFII
On May 11, 2012, at 9:33 PM, nmflyer1 at aol.com wrote:
> 1400 sounds about right for cruise to me. I'd like to hear what Dave says. 1300 sounds like you are running too rich (What do your plugs look like after that?).
>
> Kurt
>
> Alum. V-6
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Mike Dawson <medawson250 at yahoo.com>
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Sent: Fri, May 11, 2012 10:07 pm
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Egt
>
> David Bertram,
> Since we have the same engine, I was wondering if you could give me an idea what
> egt you lean to. Len's spec sheet show 1350F for max power and 1400F for cruise.
> Seems a little hot!
> So far 3500 engine RPM, 21.5 manifold and 1300F EGT seems to be about 62% power
> and around 15 Gph. You concur?
> Thanks,
>
> Michael E Dawson
> ATCI CFII
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120511/6f5426d4/attachment-0001.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list