REFLECTOR: Who was that guy and a door fix question

Jones Nick nick.jones at volvo.com
Tue May 1 08:19:58 CDT 2012


You're not alone, I don't have a solution but I have the same problem. I don't know if everyone just lives with it or if we are doing something wrong.

Best regards,

Nick and Connie Jones
Velocity XL-RG
N10CN
99% done 90% to go

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Don Johnston
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2012 6:43 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Who was that guy and a door fix question

My apologies to the offended party...

A while back I swapped email with a builder in So Cal. I said that I would stop by when I was in the area.

But I can't find the email and I don't remember the name.

So if you're in the LA area and remember exchanging mail with me, please get in touch.

Next topic:

I simply can't accept the door issue. And by that I mean getting the door to align. Currently, my doors align just fine... until I put the gas strut on. Then it just sucks!

I've tried the Hangar 18 gas strut bracket and the current Velocity mounting method. Both cause the same problem (but in opposite directions) of preventing the door from closing without manually pushing the door either fore or aft to get it closed the last couple inches. I've determined that it seems to be caused by the hinge pads (specifically, the rear one) flexing when closed and under pressure from the gas strut.

The latest thing I've tried is reinforcing the hinge pad area with multiple layers of carbon fiber to try and stiffen it to prevent the flex. But that didn't help.

Just wondering if anyone has come up a solution?

Thanks,
Don
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120501/78b8b06a/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list