REFLECTOR: Door opening in flight issue
Doug Kanczuzewski
doug at customstudio.com
Sat Mar 31 18:10:30 CDT 2012
I ended up reinforcing my gear legs on an XLRG. Difficulty I had was one leg I added the carbon sock and it ended up too thick to fit the openings in the leg well inside the wing. The second had the outer skin of the fiberglass removed and replaced with the carbon fiber and did not have as much of a problem.
My worst problem was getting a replacement leg from the factory, with the carbon wrap, and I could not get it to match the gear swing at all.
Doug
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Rodney Brim
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 6:34 PM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Door opening in flight issue
Hi,
I must have missed a notice to stay in touch with the reflector postings, because I haven't been getting them for awhile. Is the reflector still operational? On a more tactical level, has anyone written up their experience with reinforcing the exist XL-RG main gear with the graphite socks?
Thanks for your assistance.
Rodney Brim,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120331/15b5da2b/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list