REFLECTOR: Perma-grit

David Rene Dugas renedugas at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 12:52:59 CDT 2012


I loved the Perma-grit. 12 years and still using it weekly in projects. Just very handy. I did not find it helpful in large areas but great for shaping and fitting and cutting glass or aluminum by hand. I have 11 of their tools. They show some wear and are not as sharp as they were but neither am I. Good tools to have but not for everyone. 

Rene' Dugas
Sent from my iPhone4S

On Mar 28, 2012, at 9:04 AM, "Douglas Holub" <douglas.holub at gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess your mileage will vary. I love Perma-Grit. Built the whole plane with it and it's still going strong.
> 
> Doug Holub
> Standard FG
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "David Ullman" <ullman at robustdecisions.com>
> To: <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 9:36 AM
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Perma-grit
> 
> 
>> I don't like Perma-grit very much.  It gets dull with all the sanding you
>> will be doing.
>> 
>> Instead of the perma-grit, just use a very flat, straight grained piece of
>> wood of any length you want.  I actually used a piece of old 2x4.  Then go
>> to the auto supply store and buy 30 grit paper with adhesive on the back.
>> It comes 3" wide (or there abouts).  You can and should buy a whole box of
>> it, you will need it.  This way you always have a very coarse , fresh
>> sanding tool.  Mine worked great.  I had "fast build" wings that came with
>> primer on them, but they were no where near flat.  I sanded off everything
>> put on at the factory, filled in the valleys and now I have very good
>> surfaces.
>> 
>> David Ullman
>> N-444DX Velocity
>> EAA 292 President
>> david at davidullman.com
>> 541-754-3609
>> 1655 NW Hillcrest Dr
>> Corvallis OR 97330
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>> 
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list