REFLECTOR: Naca Scoops
John Dibble
aminetech at bluefrog.com
Thu Mar 22 10:44:40 CDT 2012
Thinking about this some more, by placing tape on the back corners, you
are replacing the airfoil surface with a knife edge surface. The
airfoil surface is necessary for control stability. Maybe it has no
value for a naca where control stability does not apply.
John
On 3/22/2012 9:23 AM, John Dibble wrote:
> Interesting. Why do you need oil? Just tape the corners and see if
> cooling is better. I may try this on my oil cooler naca, although I
> have good cooling since I replaced with a larger cooler.
>
> John
>
> On 3/22/2012 8:53 AM, Ron N Velocity XLFG wrote:
>> I am not getting the cooling I would like. Boy 86 degrees and sunny
>> in March Got to love
>> Chicago area. Sorry for gloating. But More to my Question has any one
>> done some testing
>> of the nacho scoops on top to see if they could get better air
>> flow. I found the attached
>> web sit that has some good pictures of his trials. Looks like putting
>> the Corner baffles in
>> would really help. I would like to test mine but putting oil on a
>> unpainted plane does not appeal to me.
>> Ron
>> http://marc-borom.com/LongEZ/NACA_AirFlow.htm
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visithttp://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery!www.tvbf.org/gallery <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives:www.tvbf.org/pipermail <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
>> Check old archives:http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120322/c79dbef9/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list