REFLECTOR: Jeffco spec sheet

Chris Barber cbarber at texasattorney.net
Wed Mar 21 09:35:45 CDT 2012


I originally used Jeffco and had complete failure in both strakes. It chipped off in small sheets. I had to almost completely rebuild my strakes. I was not flying yet (still not but may be very close). This was a few years ago. I rebuilt with just EZ-84 (I have a five gallon kit of Jeffco if anyone is interested). I put in several test strips of the EZ-84 with the mogas I have been using back then and as of two weeks ago the test strips appeared perfect. Just some data points.

Chris Barber
Houston

Sent from my iPhone 4

On Mar 20, 2012, at 6:00 PM, "John Dibble" <aminetech at bluefrog.com<mailto:aminetech at bluefrog.com>> wrote:

There's a very thin light grey coat.  Kinda looks like primer overspray.  There's numerous scratches in it and quarter sized bare spots at the bottom.  Underneath it is a light olive color, similar to other unpainted areas.

John

On 3/20/2012 1:44 PM, Laurence Coen wrote:
John,

Jeffco is light grey and EZpoxy is dark tan or light brown.

Larry Coen
N136LC

From: John Dibble<mailto:aminetech at bluefrog.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 12:55 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list<mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Jeffco spec sheet

I was thinking a better product was needed.  Sounds like we already had one.  Is there a way I can tell what was used in my tank?

John

On 3/20/2012 11:01 AM, Laurence Coen wrote:
I find it interesting that the spec sheet, under surface preparation, says not to apply over epoxy coatings.... like the inside of a Velocity fuel tank.  I built my tanks prior to Jeffco becoming the thing to do.  I used 4 coats of EZpoxy and no problems 7 years of 100 LL later.  I did not check EZpoxy with mogas but I did test it with denatured alcohol which is ethyl and methyl alcohol plus acetone.  A scrap in a two month soak test showed no physical changes in it's properties that I could detect.

Larry Coen
N136LC

From: Tom Falls<mailto:tomfalls6 at gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2012 8:28 PM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'<mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: REFLECTOR: Jeffco spec sheet


Attached is the spec sheet for the coating I received from A/S when I ordered “Jeffco” about a year ago.

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120321/c78ab49b/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list