REFLECTOR: fuel

Ron N Velocity XLFG VelocityXL at fastmail.fm
Tue Mar 13 07:42:47 CDT 2012


I am running 100 ll in my LT1 . 
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Mike Dawson 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 7:35 AM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: fuel


  To all autoconversion builders and owners. I have been told that the additives now found in auto / mogas is eating the blue foam in our fuel tanks. Futher, rumor has it that Bill Mulroney is rebuilding his fuel tanks due to detioration of same. Apparently the molecular structure of the additives, which I do not know, are small enough to penetrate the Jeffco sealant and eat the foam. So Dave Bertram, Kurt Winkler and all others with auto conversions, what is the plan? 100LL with TCP? Untill the EPA outlaws it? Are there places to get clean auto gas?
  Open to suggestions...except put a Lycoming in it.
  Mike


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120313/e143ccd7/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list