REFLECTOR: Trailing Edge and FLy-in
David Ullman
ullman at robustdecisions.com
Thu Mar 8 08:14:23 CST 2012
Flight testing of N444DX has ground to a halt due to crappy weather in the
NW. However, a question. We had aileron control issues (snatch) early on
and have improved things with rerunning the cables, trimming both down ,
adding gap seal and changing the trailing edge. It is the latter that I
have a question about. I had a sharp TE actually tapered down from the top
surface to make it sharp (sharp = 1/16 inch) . I have gone back and filled
in the taper so the top surface is more planer and now the TE is 1/8+. Has
anyone played with the sharpness of the TEs on either the wing or canard?
Also, EAA 292 (www.EAA292.org) is hosting a Fly-in at the Independence
Airport (7S5) on Aug 18-19. This has historically been Van's Homecoming,
but this year we are calling it the "Independence Fly-in with Vans
Homecoming". I know of two canards that will be there to dilute the
backward spam-cans. If you are up this way help inflate these numbers. If
this weekend doesn't fit your schedule, but you will flying near 7S5 let me
know as the airport is at the finest airpark in the NW with over 200 homes
adjacent to the airport and tied to the runway with taxiways.
David Ullman
N-444DX Velocity
EAA 292 President
david at davidullman.com
541-754-3609
More information about the Reflector
mailing list