REFLECTOR: Nylaflow fittings

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Tue Mar 6 10:56:16 CST 2012


My lines are 1/8, my brakes are the upgraded Matco's.

My brakes don't seem to behave any different than the 210's or the 
Bonanza that I fly?  I know they release instantly.  It sounds like 
something is binding up. Be sure the slide bolts are not bumping up 
against the gear leg, I had to wallow out a couple hallows for mine. If 
they are touching the leg they can get miss-aligned and bind.

that would account for the extra force required and the laggy release.

Scott

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Nylaflow fittings
From: Brian Michalk <michalk at awpi.com>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Date: 03/06/2012 09:30 AM

> I think the standard nylaflow is 3/16. I don't know what the ID is. I
> tried 1/8".
>
> Is anyone else using 1/8" brake lines? I also thought that the pads
> would sit just off the disk, and the instant pressure applied, it would
> engage the disk. Well, that's just not happening, and releasing the
> brakes is also laggy.
>
> If one watches the brake assembly, you can see it flex with the
> application of clamping force. It's because the "C" clamping system is
> pretty flimsy. If it were rigid, I don't think I would see the same
> behavior.
>
> On 3/6/2012 8:41 AM, Scott Derrick wrote:
>> I think you have some other problem, blaming brake line size..
>>
>> I have the standard itsy bitsy lines and my brakes work fine..
>>
>> Scott
>>
>> -------- Original Message --------
>> Subject: REFLECTOR: Nylaflow fittings
>> From: Brian Michalk <michalk at awpi.com>
>> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
>> Date: 03/05/2012 03:55 PM
>>
>>> I did some taxi testing this weekend after fixing a toe-in and camber
>>> issue.
>>>
>>> The problem I am having now is that my 1/8" brake lines are just not big
>>> enough to transfer fluid without being sluggish. It works, but is
>>> annoying. I think it would work if the master cylinder didn't retract.
>>>
>>> Anyway, I am going to eventually go to 1/4" line, but in the meantime
>>> want to go back to nylaflow. What are those compression fittings that
>>> work with the 3/16 Nylaflow?
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> To change your email address, visit
>>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>>
>>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>>
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>

-- 
I hate quotations. Tell me what you know.
Ralph Waldo Emerson


More information about the Reflector mailing list