REFLECTOR: XLFG Flying side ways
Kevin Baker
flykb at verizon.net
Mon Mar 5 22:30:29 CST 2012
Hi Ron,
I think you are right on the money.
I have an Elite FG LW and my nose wheel pant would kick to the side (not
as bad as yours) but it did cause the ball to be way off center.
We took the front wheel pant off and it flew straight as an arrow.
Something with the way my wheel pant was made (mine was way heavy in the
aft end of the pant.
I'm not flying with the nose wheel pant and plan to get one from
velocity and build one to see if I can get it to fly straight.
I even got it on a pic I'll attach. This was a series of pictures and
you could see that the nose pant aft is pointing at the lt main. We also
picked up some speed when we took the nose pant off.
Thanks,
Kevin Baker
N164PS
On 3/5/2012 9:42 PM, Ron Velocity XLFG wrote:
> Today I did two flight in my plane the first flight was fine no issue
> to discuss here.
> but on my second flight right at take off the plane wanted to turn
> left real hard.
> By that I mean Full right deflection to keep the plane from rolling
> over. I went around the pattern
> with almost full right input and got the plane back on the ground. The
> turning seemed to slightly
> reduce as I went around the pattern . I had a similar issue on my
> last test fight. The plane flew with a severe crab
> all the way around the pattern . So this is the second issue I have
> had since putting on my front wheel pants on .
> My guess is the front wheel is kicking to the side right at lift off
> causing the plane
> to want to turn. I checked all of my rigging and nothing looks wrong.
> Has any one
> else had this happen? This make me real nervous to use my wheel pants
> or just fly the plane
> again. It could be a winglet getting stuck out I suppose ,I wish I
> had look around more closely but
> I was most concerned about getting on the ground first.
> Ron
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120305/d8fc46fb/attachment-0001.htm>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: NosePanta.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 301362 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120305/d8fc46fb/attachment-0001.jpg>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list