REFLECTOR: elevator

Ron N Velocity XLFG VelocityXL at fastmail.fm
Fri Mar 2 17:00:38 CST 2012


Are you seeing this in relation to your  wing tips?
If so  mine are off a bit  Sorry do not have a number for you  but then I checked mine with the incidence gauge  and a straight edge 
and found them to be  spot on  . So you might check it that way  I would think this would be much more important  than the  wing tip 
matching up  with the elevator  which is more cosmetic.

Ron
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Lou Stedman 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Friday, March 02, 2012 4:23 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: elevator


  Forgive me. As I said I am a carpenter. The measurement is 7/64”. is that a problem?

  From: Douglas Holub 
  Sent: Friday, March 02, 2012 2:33 PM
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: elevator

  Did you mean to write 11 thousandeths of an inch?  If so, are you trying to make us feel bad about our craftmanship?
    ----- Original Message ----- 
    From: Lou Stedman 
    To: Velocity Reflector 
    Sent: Friday, March 02, 2012 1:32 PM
    Subject: REFLECTOR: elevator


    Well things finally warmed up enough in the North country to do some work on my canard. I removed it at the beginning of winter to do the conversion from non-concentric to concentric torque tubes. I reinstalled it on the aircraft today and hooked up the linkage to the control stick. When everything was tight, I noticed that the trailing edge of my left elevator was off .011” with my right elevator. I know this is a very small difference but I just wondered, before I test fly it, if this will be  a major problem. If so, any advice how to correct it?

    Lou Stedman
    Velocity SEFG
    N7044Q
    Olean, NY


----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    _______________________________________________
    To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

    Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
    user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
    Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
    Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120302/525d6117/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list