REFLECTOR: Don't trust the FAA

Alex Balic velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Wed Jun 27 13:59:09 CDT 2012


Thanks for the thread- mine had expired 3 weeks ago, had some trouble
getting it via the web, called them and got it renewed without further
problems.

 

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Mike Dawson
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2012 10:18 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Don't trust the FAA

 

I feel your pain. Seattle Tracon retired N104DD almost lost it too!

Mike

 

From: "nmflyer1 at aol.com" <nmflyer1 at aol.com>
To: reflector at tvbf.org 
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2012 8:04 AM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Don't trust the FAA

 

Yup, they got me. (and I work for these toads). 

 

Have had a reserved "N" number for years now. Every year they send a notice
for renewal, and I promptly renew it. Easy huh?

 

So getting my paperwork in order to register this life long project, I start
looking for the current reservation form. Only one I can find expired June
11th 2012. Hmm can that be right? I didn't receive a renewal form.... 

 

Yup, I never received a renewal form and the "N" number has expired. It
still shows up in the FAA computers as being reserved for me, but they won't
let me have it. I have to fill out the paperwork and request it again. They
swear that they will notice that I am requesting my own "N" number back and
that it will not be rejected.. Yeah, Right. 

Thanks for the help guys!

 

Note: Don't trust the FAA to remind you to renew your reserved "N" number.
When you get it... put it on your calender, or wherever you put important
notices!

 

Kurt 


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120627/ccbeafce/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list