REFLECTOR: First long Cross Country

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Sun Jun 24 10:46:41 CDT 2012


At 13500 I see about 1-1.5 gph lower fuel consumption compared to 9500.  
However, if you have a headwind as I always seem to, it likely will be 
stronger at higher altitude, negating the fuel savings.

John

On 6/24/2012 10:15 AM, Richard J. Gentil wrote:
> Looks like a major tangent here.
>
> For a long cross country in the Velo do you see good speed gains in the mid teens? 14,500 to 17,500 or do they fly better low around 6,500?
>
> With the EI I will gain better fuel efficiency up high, I was wondering if there are any benefits of flying up in the area where O2 is required if you are going on a long trip?
>
> Richard
>
> Sent from my iPhone 4 Classic
>
> On Jun 22, 2012, at 7:23 PM, "Richard J. Gentil"<richard at naples-air-center.com>  wrote:
>
>> I am planning on taking my first long trip in my Normally Aspirated, Dual EI, MT, IO-390, SERG. Going from Naples, FL to Norfolk, NE. (Day VFR. Not ready to test her in IFR yet.)
>>
>> I figure I can make it with one stop to stretch the legs and relieve the bladder.
>>
>> My question is cruising altitudes. (I can take an O2 bottle if there is any good gain by going up 16,500 or 17,500).
>>
>> What altitudes do you find most efficient etc for a Velo.
>>
>> I have two timing advance curves with my E-Mag and P-Mag. I am currently using curve A as set by the factory not tried curve B yet. (I have not hooked them up at an EICAD yet.)
>>
>> <image.jpeg>
>>
>>
>> I would be very interested in your recommendations.
>>
>> Richard
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone 4 Classic
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>



More information about the Reflector mailing list