REFLECTOR: Reflector: Propeller Feathering

Scott Baker scottb33333 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 16:21:38 CDT 2012


I think that John Abraham is better able to speak to this, but I 
understand that the original owner of N74GP first used a 3-blade 
AeroComposite propeller - was not satisfied with the top end speed (at 
altitude) - then tried a Mt-Propeller 4-blade and found a noticeable 
increase in speed.  The aircraft features a turbocharged engine.  Based 
on these flight tests, conventional wisdom at Velocity is to recommend a 
4-blade propeller for turbocharged, high altitude operations.  The 
advantages may be associated with the number of blades versus the blade 
aero-design of AeroComposites compared to Mt.
At this point the debate between AeroComposites and Mt-Propeller is a 
moot point, since AeroComposites is now 'out' of the pusher propeller 
business.  Wished they remained in the game.
Scott B


On 6/20/2012 4:07 PM, Jones Nick wrote:
>
> I may be misquoting but if I remember correctly Velocity has said in 
> their testing showed this prop wasn't as efficient as the MT. Of 
> course I've also heard them say the same thing about the AeroComposite 
> but have heard otherwise from AC owners. I'm sure there wasn't any 
> prejudice, Velocity being an MT dealer and all.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Nick and Connie Jones
>
> Velocity XL-RG
>
> N10CN
>
> 99% done 90% to go
>
>

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120620/9cfb6a84/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list