REFLECTOR: Reflector Digest, Vol 87, Issue 83

Kaylor, Marc Marc.Kaylor at atk.com
Wed Jun 13 06:55:01 CDT 2012


So let me know if there is more detail that you wanted me to break out support the information provided in the four pages

Marc Kaylor
Via Mobile
301-785-2057


On Jun 12, 2012, at 3:59 PM, "reflector-request at tvbf.org<mailto:reflector-request at tvbf.org>" <reflector-request at tvbf.org<mailto:reflector-request at tvbf.org>> wrote:

Send Reflector mailing list submissions to
   reflector at tvbf.org<mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
   http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
   reflector-request at tvbf.org<mailto:reflector-request at tvbf.org>

You can reach the person managing the list at
   reflector-owner at tvbf.org<mailto:reflector-owner at tvbf.org>

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Reflector digest..."
Today's Topics:

  1. Re:  What engine hoist? (Reiff Lorenz)
  2. Re:  What engine hoist? (Jones Nick)

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! I'll check out the local Harbor Freight and see if they have a 2-ton model (for the extra extension) in stock. I have a pile of 20% off coupons, and this is a great use for one. I'll also check ebay or see if any local builders have a used one to sell.

I avoid renting tools because it always takes me longer than I think it will and I end up spending more than the tool would have cost. Borrowing tools is great if you only need them briefly, but I hate feeling rushed to use it and return it.

I'm only 10 months into my build, and I suspect I'll need the hoist a number of times in the next few years. I'll consider myself lucky if I'm wrong!

Besides, my wife enjoys owning tools almost more than I do. She was the one who insisted I go online and look for engine hoists. I try to be a good husband and get her everything I want. :-)

Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH
XL-RG, 33% complete
Continental installation kit and mock-up engine arrive next week
You’re a lucky man.

Best regards,

Nick and Connie Jones
Velocity XL-RG
N10CN
99% done 90% to go

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org<mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org> [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Reiff Lorenz
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 3:46 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: What engine hoist?


Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! I'll check out the local Harbor Freight and see if they have a 2-ton model (for the extra extension) in stock. I have a pile of 20% off coupons, and this is a great use for one. I'll also check ebay or see if any local builders have a used one to sell.

I avoid renting tools because it always takes me longer than I think it will and I end up spending more than the tool would have cost. Borrowing tools is great if you only need them briefly, but I hate feeling rushed to use it and return it.

I'm only 10 months into my build, and I suspect I'll need the hoist a number of times in the next few years. I'll consider myself lucky if I'm wrong!

Besides, my wife enjoys owning tools almost more than I do. She was the one who insisted I go online and look for engine hoists. I try to be a good husband and get her everything I want. :-)

Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH
XL-RG, 33% complete
Continental installation kit and mock-up engine arrive next week
_______________________________________________
Visit the gallery!  tvbf:jamaicangoose
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120613/6cc3ca29/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list