REFLECTOR: Skyview - ADAHRS Location
Tim Walsh
timfwalsh01 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 10 10:45:24 CDT 2012
Ruben,
My 173FG has the ADAHRS located on the canard, the co-pilot side. I have about 40 hours on the Skyview with no issues.
If I recall, you are in Virginia, I am based out of Manassas, happy to show you the setup. Tim
Sent from my iPad
On Jun 10, 2012, at 10:57, "Ruben Creus" <ruben at vainneg.com> wrote:
> It is a FG. so less stuff than a RG in the nose, but still lot of stuff. I tried with a regular comass and it does not point right, so I assume that maybe the seats might work, I just find a pain having to reroute the static system tubes. Another option would be to have two ADAHRS module one for the airspeed and one for the compass. Do you know if it could be set up like that?
>
> Ruben
>
> From: Darrell & Nora Kufalk [mailto:kufalk at wi.rr.com]
> Sent: Friday, June 08, 2012 10:09 PM
> To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Skyview - ADAHRS Location
>
> FG or RG? I have an RG and put it under the left rear seat. The main gear cylinder inducer a 30 degree error when I retract the gear. Moving it is next on my todo list. It’s going on the “ceiling” of the left baggage compartment in the strake.
>
> Darrell
>
>
>
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Ruben Creus
> Sent: Friday, June 08, 2012 10:12 AM
> To: reflector at tvbf.org
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Skyview - ADAHRS Location
>
> I think this topic has been discussed before and I apologize to bring it up again, but I am not sure what the final outcome was.
>
> I am studying the upgrade from a Dynon Flightdeck-180/EFIS-100 system to Dynon Skyview. It looks like the location of the ADAHRS module might be an issue if placed at the nose, due to magnetic interference and placing it in the wing (where my actual magnetometer is) would require to run tubes for the static system. I think some of you placed it under the back seats. Anyhow, if it is not too much to ask could you refresh my memory in this topic about your experience.
>
> Ruben G. Creus
> Ë +1.571.215.0025
> * ruben at vainneg.com
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120610/1b0d9c0b/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list