REFLECTOR: VG's

Dennis Martin dennis.doc at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 10:23:29 CDT 2012


Kurt,

What he said (John Abraham). He tested mine with VGs on both main and
canard wings. John, if you're still on this thread, can you recall how mine
flew relative to factory plane or other 173 FGE projects? I like how mine
seems to jump off the runway and how it lands, but I don't have enough
experience to tease out the differences.

Dennis

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 10:01 AM, <nmflyer1 at aol.com> wrote:

> New thread off of the testing of 44DX.
>
>  I am split right down the middle on whether to install VG's on my 173
> FGE, 325HP Aluminum V-6.
> Most of my flying is out of High Density Altitude Airports.
> It is 10AM here, and the density altitude is already 7000', my home field
> length 4400'
>
>  I know VG's would lower critical speeds. What I do not know is if I will
> need them with the extra power.
> I could just wait until flight testing to make the decision. See how it
> flies without.
> Just thought I would try and get some input from people that routinely fly
> out of high density altitude airports.
>
>  Thanks,
>
>  Kurt
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>



-- 
All the best,
Dennis
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120609/381f7aa8/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list