REFLECTOR: VG's

Mark Magee edjonesbrady at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 19:16:13 CDT 2012


Hi Scott,
School me please.

Mark B. Magee
Sent from IPhone 4

On Jun 7, 2012, at 5:26 PM, Scott Derrick <scott at tnstaafl.net> wrote:

> I think there is a definite misunderstanding of what VG's do and what a liminar flow wing needs.
> 
> Mark Magee <edjonesbrady at gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> All,
> I think David frames the problem properly from the original thread (italics added):
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> On 6/6/2012 11:06 PM, David Ullman wrote:
> I now have about 27 hours on 444DX.  Getting things sorted out.  I have been
> to 10,500 ft and over 200kts (in a dive).  I have done both low and power-on
> mushes.  I cant call them stalls as it doesn't.  Around 50 kts it just
> mushes.  I still have roll and yaw control all the way down.  Overall the
> plane is very easy to handle at any speed.  I hate the thought that this may
> be due to the vortex generators.  I just cant intellectually get past the
> fact that I have put vortex generators on a laminar flow surface.
> 
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> I can't either. A laminar flow surface and wings are designed to -avoid- turbulent flow of all types, particularly vortexes.
> One reason they go so fast. 
> In my mind applying VG's to a Velo is like the old F-4's flying around full throttle with the drag chute deployed in flight.
> 
> Mark
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120607/de98dea6/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list