REFLECTOR: Update on 444DX

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Thu Jun 7 07:19:49 CDT 2012


On 6/6/2012 11:06 PM, David Ullman wrote:
> I now have about 27 hours on 444DX.  Getting things sorted out.  I have been
> to 10,500 ft and over 200kts (in a dive).  I have done both low and power-on
> mushes.  I cant call them stalls as it doesn't.  Around 50 kts it just
> mushes.  I still have roll and yaw control all the way down.  Overall the
> plane is very easy to handle at any speed.  I hate the thought that this may
> be due to the vortex generators.  I just cant intellectually get past the
> fact that I have put vortex generators on a laminar flow surface.  Anyway, a
> very easy pane to fly.
>
>
David,

IMO, a stall mush is indicative that you are at the borderline where a 
deep stall occurs.
50 kn is unusually low for a stall speed.  If you're flying with the 
least weight you'll ever have
in the front seats, then you'll probably be ok.  However you might 
consider removing at least some
of the vgs from the canard to get a bit higher stall speed for more 
safety margin.

John


More information about the Reflector mailing list