REFLECTOR: High speed ground cont.

Chris Barber cbarber at texasattorney.net
Wed Jun 6 18:48:53 CDT 2012


Water and coolant.

Sent from my iPhone 4

On Jun 6, 2012, at 6:46 PM, "nmflyer1 at aol.com<mailto:nmflyer1 at aol.com>" <nmflyer1 at aol.com<mailto:nmflyer1 at aol.com>> wrote:

Chris,

Are you using water/coolant, or all NPG+  ?


Kurt


-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Barber <cbarber at texasattorney.net<mailto:cbarber at texasattorney.net>>
To: REFLECTOR <reflector at tvbf.org<mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>>
Sent: Wed, Jun 6, 2012 3:48 pm
Subject: REFLECTOR: High speed ground cont.


Just did another nose lift at about 70 kts. OAT is indicating 107 degrees on my
engine monitor. Coolant temps were around 200 when I took active after a long
taxi and waiting for a Cherokee to taxi in. Oil was lower.  Coolant went to
about 210 when powered up at the numbers but started to drop slightly as I built
speed. About 205 as I left active and 215 as I got to hangar.

I don't think that is too bad considering the conditions, Really hot and humid.

I was also happy the temps started down as I gathered speed even though the run
down the runway was only several seconds. I would hope the temps will continue
down to preferred levels as I continue to increase speed. Impossible to know
while on the ground.

I know, go fly and find out...  Uh, yeah, but with mid-day temps at 107 on the
ramp I think I prefer an early morning and less wind and likely much less bumpy.


Chris
Houston
Velocity SE
13b turbo rotary

Sent from my iPhone 4
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120606/e0d2bdee/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list