REFLECTOR: High speed ground cont.

Al Gietzen alventures at cox.net
Wed Jun 6 17:52:06 CDT 2012


Chris;

Sounds like your cooling is quite effective and should be fine for flight.
With at least 30% EG in the coolant and a good pressure cap, and temp
dropping with air speed, you've got margin when starting your roll at 210F.

I agree - get out there early in the day when it is cooler and the air is
smooth.

You know how to do it - just remain calm, focused; and go for it.

Al

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Chris Barber
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 2:48 PM
To: REFLECTOR
Subject: REFLECTOR: High speed ground cont.


Just did another nose lift at about 70 kts. OAT is indicating 107 degrees on
my engine monitor. Coolant temps were around 200 when I took active after a
long taxi and waiting for a Cherokee to taxi in. Oil was lower.  Coolant
went to about 210 when powered up at the numbers but started to drop
slightly as I built  speed. About 205 as I left active and 215 as I got to
hangar.   

I don't think that is too bad considering the conditions, Really hot and
humid.

I was also happy the temps started down as I gathered speed even though the
run down the runway was only several seconds. I would hope the temps will
continue down to preferred levels as I continue to increase speed.
Impossible to know while on the ground.

I know, go fly and find out...  Uh, yeah, but with mid-day temps at 107 on
the ramp I think I prefer an early morning and less wind and likely much
less bumpy. 

Chris 
Houston
Velocity SE
13b turbo rotary

Sent from my iPhone 4 _______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list