REFLECTOR: High speed ground cont.
Chris Barber
cbarber at texasattorney.net
Wed Jun 6 17:17:51 CDT 2012
I have a two fans. A four inch for oil and an eight inch for the cooler. They move air but not certain how much difference they make.
I have another eight inch and two more four inches I can add but I am concerned they may restrict air flow through the heat exchangers in flight.
Thanks for sharing. It is reassuring.
Chris
Sent from my iPhone 4
On Jun 6, 2012, at 5:07 PM, "Erik Franks" <efranks3 at gmail.com<mailto:efranks3 at gmail.com>> wrote:
I have a large fan on my radiator and a small fan on the nose oil cooler on my XL with the LS1. The fan on the oil is a 5" one from Jegs and works great. It brought down my oil temps significantly and kept the temps low so I could taxi as long as necessary with no concerns. After takeoff the temps lowered significantly for oil and coolant temps compared to taxiing and run-up. I was testing with OAT around 70F.
Looking forward to hearing about your first flight.
On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 2:48 PM, Chris Barber <cbarber at texasattorney.net<mailto:cbarber at texasattorney.net>> wrote:
Just did another nose lift at about 70 kts. OAT is indicating 107 degrees on my engine monitor. Coolant temps were around 200 when I took active after a long taxi and waiting for a Cherokee to taxi in. Oil was lower. Coolant went to about 210 when powered up at the numbers but started to drop slightly as I built speed. About 205 as I left active and 215 as I got to hangar.
I don't think that is too bad considering the conditions, Really hot and humid.
I was also happy the temps started down as I gathered speed even though the run down the runway was only several seconds. I would hope the temps will continue down to preferred levels as I continue to increase speed. Impossible to know while on the ground.
I know, go fly and find out... Uh, yeah, but with mid-day temps at 107 on the ramp I think I prefer an early morning and less wind and likely much less bumpy.
Chris
Houston
Velocity SE
13b turbo rotary
Sent from my iPhone 4
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120606/541c8334/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list