REFLECTOR: What are you working on?

Richard J. Gentil richard at naples-air-center.com
Wed Jun 6 14:00:54 CDT 2012


Hey Glenn,

I'm 200lbs heavier. 

Richard 

Sent from my iPhone 4 Classic

On Jun 6, 2012, at 2:39 PM, Glenn Babcock <glennbabcock at roadrunner.com> wrote:

> Richard,
> 
> How heavy is it?  I have an SERG, 200hp IO360 with MT, VGs and no paint. Flight testing at Sebastian in the summer (no VGs) I hit 200kts TAS at 1000 ft level. I was turning 2600 rpm WOT. 
> 
> Nowadays I cruise at 170kts TAS up to 10,000.  At 15,000 that drops to low 160's. My empty weight is 1380. 
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Glenn
> 
> 
> 
> On Jun 6, 2012, at 1:01 PM, "Richard J. Gentil" <richard at naples-air-center.com> wrote:
> 
>> Steve and Scott,
>> 
>> Radar power w/2,700rpm 
>> 
>> I checked the speed at 1,000, 3,500, and 6,500 feet. 
>> 
>> I used dual OAT probes, dual indicated air speeds gauges, three GPS receivers and an E6B to verify the numbers flying a closed course. 
>> 
>> The plane is loaded so it is heavy, it is not yet painted and it has VG's on it. I was hoping for 185 to 190kts after I paint it with the 210-215hp engine but I am no where near that and paint is only a couple of kts. 
>> 
>> Richard 
>> 
>> Sent from my iPhone 4 Classic
>> 
>> On Jun 6, 2012, at 12:56 PM, steve korney <s_korney at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> 
>>> Is that GPS, Indicated, or True air speed... What altitude...?
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Steve 
>>> 
>>> Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 09:59:34 -0600
>>> From: scott at tnstaafl.net
>>> To: reflector at tvbf.org
>>> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: What are you working on?
>>> 
>>> I'm not sure what you expected but I don't think you have enough HP to go that fast.  And its certainly not slower than an FG!
>>> 
>>> Scott
>>> 
>>> -------- Original Message --------
>>> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: What are you working on?
>>> From: Richard J. Gentil <richard at naples-air-center.com>
>>> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
>>> Date: 06/06/2012 09:47 AM
>>> I have recently flown off my restriction on my IO-390-X MT SERG but have hit a wall at 170kts which I cannot seem to break through. I recently went to the factory and spent a fantastic morning with John and Scott was they went through the bird and Scott even took it up for a flight. He commented that it climbs really well, just that it is slower then an FG. 
>>> 
>>> I turned up the ailerons two full turns so they are about an 1/8 of an inch up vs being an 1/8 down when they stick was in the middle, it helped set my elevators so they too now sis a couple of degrees up from neutral but still cannot get past 170kts in level flight. 
>>> 
>>> I did have John come visit me last week and we completed his MEI so he is ready for all of you to do your checkouts on the V-Twin! So get on the phone and order your kits!!
>>> 
>>> Richard 
>>> 
>>> Sent from my iPhone 4 Classic
>>> 
>>> On Jun 6, 2012, at 10:00 AM, Reiff Lorenz <Reiff at lorenz.com> wrote:
>>> 
>>>  
>>> 
>>> The Reflector has been quiet this week. Hopefully that means that everyone is busy flying or building.
>>> 
>>>  
>>> 
>>> I'd love to hear what the Velocity community is working on. If your bird is in the air tell us where you're flying.
>>> 
>>>  
>>> 
>>> I've been spending my time on the wings; aileron torque tubes, wiring for nav/pos/strobe lights, and final fitting of the rudders. I'm trying to complete all the wing tasks that can be done without them attached to the fuselage.
>>> 
>>>  
>>> 
>>> Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH
>>> 
>>> Velocity XL-RG, 33% complete
>>> 
>>>  
>>> 
>>>  
>>> 
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>> 
>>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>> 
>>> 
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>> 
>>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>> 
>>> -- 
>>> He who knows others is wise;
>>> He who know himself is enlightened.
>>> Lao-tzu
>>> 
>>> _______________________________________________ To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>> 
>>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>> 
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120606/67828417/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list