REFLECTOR: Insurance advice needed

Geoff Gerhardt geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 19:29:54 CDT 2012


Sid,

Thanks for your thoughtful response - I appreciate the full monetary value
you put in it.

I felt very comfortable in the Velocity, but it was a transition,
particularly landing.  Landing an Arrow and a Velocity are different, so
for a new Velocity pilot like me, yes, I think repeated landings in an
Arrow would "unlearn" some of the reflexes I developed during transition
training.  Would it make me worse, maybe not, but my point was I don't
think it would make me better at flying/landing a Velocity.

Geoff

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 8:15 PM, sbjknox <sbjknox at earthlink.net> wrote:

>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Geoff Gerhardt" <
> geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com>
> To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 6:18 PM
>
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Insurance advice needed
>
>
> [snip]
>
>> A couple things - no, 5hrs in an Arrow after coming off Velocity
>> transition
>> training and I'll be worse.  It took about 5 landings to get out slow
>> landing, aileron control on final mode and into 85kt final, all rudders.
>> Five hours in an Arrow right before my first flight would not be a good
>> idea. pilots (I have 5hrs retract time)?
>>
>> Geoff
>> 173RG
>>
>
> If your comfort level in a Velocity is so margimal that five hours in
> another aircraft will "make you worse",  than perhaps you  might consider
> more Velocity training.
>
> $0.02
>
> Sid Knox
> Oklahoma
>
> Velocity  173 RG  N199RS
> Starduster  N666SK
> KR2         N24TC
> W7QJQ
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120731/2991fb10/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list