REFLECTOR: Porch Light is On
Terrence Miles
terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 23 10:13:00 CDT 2012
Knock, and the Door Will Open
Hi Y'all,
Chicago to Oshkosh is a 3 hours behind the wheel .too much for just one day,
and that's all I can break free. If you are like me, here is a remedy I
offer for consideration.
Oshkosh makes us all realize how wonderful an airplane is as a way to visit
and be with friends. I like the Bible story about "Knock, and the door will
be opened." So, since I can't make it, I am knocking, and inviting you to
knock back.
If you're anywhere within 700 miles of Chicago, we should plan a swapped
visit..to become better friends. We can yak about airplanes or skip that
topic entirely and just come to see Chicago. In nice weather, I am an
eight-mile bike ride down the lake-front bike path to all the city has to
offer.or a $2 ride on the "el." The train stop is a 3 minute walk from my
front door. Double that distance and you are at the beach. Yep, I am
busy too, but I won't happen if we don't talk. So this is your invitation.
Email me, or better yet, call.
I am based at KVPZ. I will do my best to find you an overnight hangar space
or at least a tie down at the terminal. http://www.vpz.org/ The airport
is a thriving aviation community. Valparaiso in a university town and 80
minutes drive back to Chicago, or a shorter drive to the Indiana Dunes or up
into Michigan for some vacation areas.
In flying around, I have some great memories with the airplane, but the
best are of wonderful folks who opened their doors, their hide-a-bed
couches, and their hearts to a kindred souls who share the dream and
adventure of flight.
There is nothing better than calling on friends. I hope you will seriously
consider this invitation as personally extended to you and yours, and if you
like, invite me to come visit in the same way. You can't have enough
friends.
Enjoy the evening. Enjoy the company. Have a safe flight home, and please
put this note by the potato chip bowl.
Terry Miles
773-580-4642
terrence_miles at hotmail.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120723/4740f734/attachment-0001.html>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list