REFLECTOR: Prop tape Was: Flight video N17010

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 15 13:28:51 CDT 2012


John,

I never had the stainless come off but fine sand ate it up real fast.  Propguard was much better at protecting the prop but was pricey.  I got some of the cheap tape from AS but it came off in chunks in flight along with those scary vibrations.  Which AS tape did you use?  The 3M or Aerosheild.

Larry Coen
N136LC


From: John Dibble 
Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2012 8:52 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Flight video N17010


On 7/15/2012 5:31 AM, Chris Barber wrote: 
  There didn't seem to be. I had flight four yesterday. Everything was going fine when I felt a vibration from the back. Not severe but I took the closest runway and landed. 


  Upon landing I discovered the leading edge tape from one of the prob blades had departed and another looked as if it was ready to do the same. 


  I need to figure out why. These stainless steal tapes are quite difficult to remove as I replaced them following ground testing but now are not staying attached. IVO. Has a online vid describing the installation including superglue along the edge of the tape, which I followed, but still have the issue. Perhaps some of the super 77 adhesive by 3M?


  Thoughts from the collective are welcome. 


  Chris

I've had similar problems with the IVO SS tape.  I switched to Propguard which sticks great and protects better than the SS tape.  Now I use leading edge tape from A/S which is 1/2 the price and works just as well.

John



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120715/192c1607/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list