REFLECTOR: Velocity Builders Virtual Hangar

Reiff Lorenz Reiff at Lorenz.com
Sat Jul 14 21:50:54 CDT 2012


A big thank-you to everyone who stopped by the Velocity Builders' Virtual Hangar in the first 24 hours. It was fun to be able to talk to those who I would normally only see in Oshkosh. (I'm already regretting not going this year.)

Within minutes of launching this, I chatted with 2 people who were both about the same point in their build as I am. Both of them are opting for the dual side sticks and I learned that the Factory will soon be selling the new aileron push-pull cable design (the one used on the twin). That one conversation saved me many hours of trial-and-error engineering! (Thanks Bob!)

Use the link below to log in anytime . . . no username or password is required. Stop in at the end of the day and see who else is around. If you have a computer and webcam (cheap ones work just fine) in your workshop, that's even better! Log in while building so we can all see what you're working on. All of us with a similar configuration can be virtual hangar neighbors.

Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH
Velocity XL-RG, 34% complete
Currently working on: Measuring how much I have to cut off my sump tank for the IO-550 mounting bolts.

PS: I don't intend for this to be a place to hang out INSTEAD of building. I'm using it as a place to hang out WHILE building. You can use it any way you want to, though.


The Velocity Builders' Virtual Hangar is available 24/7 at:
https://liveconferencepro.com/guest/loginguest.php?id=d3a73e710c719626dd353d3b101be90f




From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Reiff Lorenz
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2012 9:52 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Velocity Builders Virtual Hangar


If you've ever wished that there was someone next door who was also building a Velocity, there is now a way to virtually create that environment. All you need is an Internet-connected computer (Mac/PC/Linux or any other OS that runs Flash), and this address:

https://liveconferencepro.com/guest/loginguest.php?id=d3a73e710c719626dd353d3b101be90f

It is a free online video-conference space for Velocity owners and builders to meet. This meeting space is on and available 24/7 for anyone in the Velocity community that wants to use it. I'm going to be logging into it from the computer in my workshop whenever I'm in there. I'm hoping it will prove to be a great resource for quick questions and interesting discussions between builders, especially during "off" hours when the Velocity factory is closed.

It features:

*         full audio / video conferencing between all participants

*         a white board

*         text chat

*         online video sharing

*         a document center loaded with Velocity manuals

No username or password is required. Just go to the address above and enter your name. You'll immediately be connected with every other builder who is also on that site. It is NOT dependent on my computer or my internet connection, and it is always available.

I'll try to be there most Saturdays, Sundays, and Tuesday evenings (my regular build schedule) and any other time I'm in the workshop. Feel free to log in anytime, though, whether I'm there or not. Use it however you want: chat with others, have it on in the background while you work, ask a question of whoever is around, or whatever. Want to set up a quick video conference with someone on the Reflector? Send them the link above. On the phone with the factory and wish you could draw a diagram? Send them the link above and use the whiteboard. Want some company during your annual condition inspection? Log in for the whole weekend!

Share this with anyone in the Velocity community, but please don't post the link anywhere public! The Reflector is OK; email it to anyone; mentioning it on Brett's forum is fine; but please do not post it anywhere public like Facebook groups or EAA forums. This address is an auto-login address and if it is spread around too much, it will soon be overrun by Internet scum.

Hope to see you all in the virtual hangar!


Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH
Velocity XL-RG, 34% complete
Currently working on: Aeroquip brake lines


The Velocity Builders' Virtual Hangar is available free 24/7 at:
https://liveconferencepro.com/guest/loginguest.php?id=d3a73e710c719626dd353d3b101be90f


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120714/06cc4d81/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list