REFLECTOR: Connecting crankcase breather to exhaust

KMis178813 at aol.com KMis178813 at aol.com
Sat Jul 14 10:23:56 CDT 2012


Scott
 
     I use 5/8 or 3/4 silicone heated hose from NAPA  and it holds up to 
the heat with no problems.
 
     Ken
 
 
 
In a message dated 7/14/2012 10:00:30 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
scott at tnstaafl.net writes:

I'm  going to have a short 1/2 or 5/8 nipple welded to my exhaust stack 
to run  my breather line to .  Eliminating the oil spill I get on the 
lower  cowl after every flight of an hour or longer.  I plan on putting a  
PCV valve in the line as recommended by some.

My question is  connecting my rubber hose to the 1/2 inch stainless 
nipple that is welded  to the stack.  Won't the rubber hose get to hot 
and burn?

What  do people do that have done this? Am I worried about  nothing?

Scott

-- 
I hate quotations. Tell me what you  know.
Ralph Waldo  Emerson



_______________________________________________
To  change your email address, visit  
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!   www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives:  www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives:  http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120714/9ee440de/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list