REFLECTOR: Exhaust Noise

Craig Woolston cdwoolston at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 14 09:20:11 CDT 2012


We have the same setup and I have been busted by SMO in LA.  I'd flown in twice before we out any problems so I must be on the edge.  I have flown into MYF several times which also has a noise monitoring program and have not been warned yet.  Next time into Santa Monica and I will definitely reduce power shortly after takeoff.

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 13, 2012, at 12:26 PM, Fred Anderka <fred at holohil.com> wrote:

> I am running an IO-550 with six straight stacks (Factory Stock).  Has anyone with a similar exhaust setup had their noise level measured on TO?  I am sure it is way above 95 db.  Have not had any warning tickets yet in California, Nevada, or any of the other western states.  Having Canadian registration, they probably can't find me.  There is no concern at airports that have a National Guard base, a couple of F-15, 18's or A-10's playing around make a LOT of noise on TO.
> 
> Fred Anderka
> XL-RG C-GHOL
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list