REFLECTOR: Exhaust noise

Mark Magee edjonesbrady at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 11:57:20 CDT 2012


If this was out of Santa Monica I flew the Long EZ out of there years ago and followed a pre-briefed procedure mimicking what the Airliners were doing out of John Wayne/Orange County. It was to throttle back significantly once 500ft AGL was achieved with a level off to out over the Pacific where where you brought back on power and continued your climb (out of range of the noise sensors).
I hope the don't start that (noise police) mess out here in Texas.

Mark B. Magee
N34XL
Sent from IPhone 4

On Jul 13, 2012, at 11:17 AM, Scott Derrick <scott at tnstaafl.net> wrote:

> I'm using a Custom Aircraft exhaust which is fairly similar to the factory supplied exhaust. Basically a 3 into 1 stack for each side with the outlet pipe pointing straight down.  The factory exhaust joins  the 3 together under the forward cylinder. The Custom exhaust joins them under the middle cylinder.
> 
> I got a noise ticket(warning) in the mail from the KSMO operating authority last month.  They have a 95db limit that they somehow monitor.  They said I put out 95.1 db on one of my departures that day.
> 
> Anybody else experience this? Any solutions?
> 
> Scott
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list