REFLECTOR: A little luck

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 10 11:30:35 CDT 2012


I registered my plane before it was finished and heard from the tax people.  I called and told them that it was a kit under construction.  They told me to call them when it was finished so they could put it on the property tax roles.  That's the way it works in Kansas.

Larry Coen
N136LC


From: Reiff Lorenz 
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 7:46 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: A little luck


 

Kurt,

 

Glad you got your number back. I renewed online after hearing your story. Thanks for the reminder.

 

For those who are not close to flying, be aware that some states impose taxes on registered aircraft, even ones that are unairworthy piles of parts. Registering your aircraft eliminates the need to re-reserve your registration number every year, but it could result in a big bill from your state capital.

 

Reiff Lorenz, Dayton, OH

Velocity XL-RG, 34% complete

Currently working on: Bolted the engine on the mount for the first time

 

 

 

 

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of nmflyer1 at aol.com
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2012 11:53 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: A little luck

 

I just discovered, whilst sneaking through the FAA computer records, that I now have my "N" number back!  

 

Not that I don't trust them.. but I don't trust them :)   nice to accidentally get the N number back that i was supposed to have all along. 

 

I have a feeling that the new "aircraft registration program" (requires re-registration every 3 years) accidentally overrided the 1-year "N" number reservation limit. So many did not/will not get the proper notice to renew the reservation. 

 

I would caution those with reserved "N" numbers to either check for renewal, or register their aircraft before your chosen number disappears into the abyss. 

 

Will send in the registration paperwork this week! 

 

Kurt 

 



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120710/f7512e8b/attachment.html>


More information about the Reflector mailing list