REFLECTOR: firesleeve crimping tool

Patrick Horvath phorvath at mindspring.com
Fri Jul 6 11:42:37 CDT 2012


I've got the $23 version.  It was suggested to me by one of the guys at the Aircraft Spruce store.  He said he's had nothing but good feedback on it.  I've used it - works great - professional looking results - not sure where the $123 version would be better.  Maybe if you had to use it every day.  

Just my thoughts, I'm sure someone has another opinion.  

Patrick
TXL-5 RG 
N74GP

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 6, 2012, at 11:53, Don Johnston <numa at comcast.net> wrote:

> When it comes to tools, I try to follow a piece of advice I got long ago:
> 
> If you buy the best, you only cry once.
> 
> I have mentioned this enough that if my son is with me when we whip into Home Depot for a tool, as I'm reaching for the cheap version, he'll "tsk, tsk tsk" and quote my line back to me. At which point we will discuss the amount of use and quality of the result and determine if the cheaper version is appropriate in this scenario.
> 
> But I'm in uncharted territory. Crimping the ends of firesleeve hose. Aircraft Spruce has two tools: One for $23 and another for $123. Does anyone know if the $23 tool is good enough for the number of crimps that will need to be done? And is the quality of the crimps acceptable?
> 
> Thanks in advance,
> -Don
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list