REFLECTOR: Engine rebuilt - what do I write in the engine log book?
Terrence Miles
terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 1 15:58:47 CDT 2012
Geoff,
I have a rebuilt eng, but the log book is in the hangar and I am several
days from getting there. You could ask around at your local airport.
Likely somebody else has a zero-timed engine and could give you some
boiler-plate copy-cat ideas. You do not need to carry the logbook in the
airplane, so yes keep all the yellow tags together, along with making
reference the previous engine logs especially if you still have them. The
old logs do not have to be a part of or appended to the "new" engine log.
Hope this helps. EAA has a question and answer guy who you can email for
stuff like this too.
Terry
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Geoff Gerhardt
Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2012 3:32 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: Engine rebuilt - what do I write in the engine log book?
So, I've just finished rebuilding my engine and its back in the plane.
Do/can/should I start a new log book? Since it was a full rebuild, do I
need to reference the old log books (i.e. is this log book #3, there were
two previous for this engine?).
What do I write in the log book? Do I detail everything that was done to
the engine (quite a long list) and staple all the yellow cards to the inside
of the book?
Thanks.
Geoff
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120701/ae00f921/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list