REFLECTOR: Another trim question...

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 23 11:54:01 CST 2012


Chris,

Slight movement in flight is normal, not on the ground.  If you disconnect the trim the elevator should go stop to stop with almost no resistance.  If it feels stiff then something is wrong.  The trim motor should move the elevator from about 2" down to an inch up.  In flight it is pushing against aerodynamic loading and doesn't move that much.

Larry Coen
N136LC


From: Chris Barber 
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 2:30 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
Subject: REFLECTOR: Another trim question...


Seems this may have been discussed but with so much discussion about trim, it is a bit difficult to search.



There is quite a bit of movement of the motor in the elevator trim (standard fiberglass question mark-ish spring) before the elevator starts to move.  If I recall correctly, the past discussion stated that this is normal but now that I am pretty close to attempting flight I want to make sure as it seems to really have a lot of motor movement before elevator response.



What is acceptable?  Again, my memory is fuzzy on this but it seems that in flight the slight movement I see now is sufficient.  



If not, how would y'all suggest I get faster response?  What did I do wrong or miss?  Stiffen the spring with fiberglass?  Add spacer to motor connection point to the spring (heck, don't know if that would do anything....just typing out loud).  Or....is the slow/little movement normal?



Chris Barber

Houston

SE F/G turbo rotary



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120123/43eddd2d/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list