REFLECTOR: 816 Aeroquip hose fittings
Alex Balic
velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Fri Jan 20 18:43:02 CST 2012
I have done it this way with excellent results:
Very tightly wrap the area to be cut with about 3 turns of blue masking
tape- not more-
I use an air-powered body saw ($30 at Harbor freight) with a fine blade to
make the cut- a new blade will cut the hose in about 10 seconds
Push the still wrapped hose end into/against the shell to cone the ends
Remove the tape, and insert the hose into the shell- it will go in easily
because the braid has been compressed
Assemble the hose end
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Brian Michalk
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2012 1:37 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: 816 Aeroquip hose fittings
Stainless braided hoses are just plain difficult to work with.
I've tried taping them, but the best thing I've found that works is
a good quality cable cutter like this:
I keep dressing up the cutting edge with a dremel to keep it cutting cleanly
through the stainless.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120120/15bb045b/attachment-0001.htm>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/png
Size: 29741 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120120/15bb045b/attachment-0001.png>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list