REFLECTOR: Elevator trim problem

Ron N Velocity XLFG VelocityXL at fastmail.fm
Thu Jan 12 15:58:02 CST 2012


On rocket switch in my Factory control stick. 
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Douglas Holub 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2012 12:32 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Elevator trim problem


  All arguments for a single DPDT (on) off (on) toggle switch on the panel for elevator trim, on the left side where it's easy to reach with the left hand. Only one robust component.
    ----- Original Message ----- 
    From: Michael Watson 
    To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
    Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2012 12:29 PM
    Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Elevator trim problem


    John,

    I also have a Mac 7 stick. Last year I had a problem with an intermittent up button.
    I called Mac and they sent me two new buttons to replace the up and down ones.
    No problems since. I think your up button may be sticking. Unscrew the two screws 
    under the head four or five turns, twist the head left to right while pressing the up button
    and see if it sticks. Find a position that it moves up and down smoothly then tighten the
    screws.

     



    On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 10:15 AM, John Dibble <aminetech at bluefrog.com> wrote:

      While we're on this subject, I need help with an issue with my elevator
      trim.  Over the past 100 hours, infrequently it seems to trim up
      uncommanded.  I push forward on the stick to keep level and push the
      trim down button.  For a second or two nothing happens.  Then it
      responds properly.  I know if I press both buttons at once, nothing
      happens, so I'm guessing that there is still an up input in the second
      or two when nothing happens.  I have a solid state relay that failed
      once.  In that case the output voltage reduced to where the motor
      wouldn't run.  I have a Mac 7 stick.  On the ground the buttons operate
      well with no sign of sticking.  I have several questions.

      Where is the mechanism that prevents operation when both buttons are
      pressed?  In the stick?  In the relay?  In the motor?

      Can I eliminate the relay and run full current through the stick?

      I may wire lights to the leads going to the motor so I can confirm when
      current is being sent to the motor.

      Thanks,

      John

      _______________________________________________
      To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

      Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
      user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
      Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
      Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




    -- 
    Mike W.
    1997 Velocity Elite RG
    Franklin /IVO Electric CS
    Dual GRT EFIS HX Synthetic Vision



----------------------------------------------------------------------------


    _______________________________________________
    To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

    Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
    user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
    Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
    Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120112/26eb8cf1/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list