REFLECTOR: Elevator trim problem
Brett Ferrell
reflector at velocityxl.com
Thu Jan 12 10:22:56 CST 2012
First, I would say that's not normal, it should move pretty much right
away. The relay controls what direction the trim is running. In a "real"
relay, the way the switches are connected to it controls which direction
(which of the two wires to the actuator is +12 and which is grounded) the
trim runs. I can send a diagram, but maybe that's not very helpful. I'm
not sure how the solid state relay is really functioning, but I'm would
check that it's working properly, it sounds to me like maybe it's having
trouble passing starting current to get the actuator to move.
Brett
On Thu, Jan 12, 2012, at 09:15 AM, John Dibble wrote:
> While we're on this subject, I need help with an issue with my elevator
> trim. Over the past 100 hours, infrequently it seems to trim up
> uncommanded. I push forward on the stick to keep level and push the
>trim down button. For a second or two nothing happens. Then it
>responds properly. I know if I press both buttons at once, nothing
>happens, so I'm guessing that there is still an up input in the second
>or two when nothing happens. I have a solid state relay that failed
>once. In that case the output voltage reduced to where the motor
>wouldn't run. I have a Mac 7 stick. On the ground the buttons operate
>well with no sign of sticking. I have several questions.
>
>Where is the mechanism that prevents operation when both buttons are
>pressed? In the stick? In the relay? In the motor?
>
>Can I eliminate the relay and run full current through the stick?
>
>I may wire lights to the leads going to the motor so I can confirm when
>current is being sent to the motor.
>
>Thanks,
>
>John
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120112/0733ee04/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list