REFLECTOR: Transponder Antenna

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Wed Jan 11 18:05:07 CST 2012


I using the miracle whip on comm 2 . It's installed in the nose and picks up a lot of noise. I am going to try the roof in front of the Maxwell or stuffed onto the steaks next.
-- 
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Brett Ferrell <reflector at velocityxl.com> wrote:

Nope, but in terms of comm antenna, I have picked up the "miracle whip" as one of my comms is not great.  I haven't installed it yet, but will report back when I do (probably in the spring).


http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/avpages/miracleairwhip.php


Brett



-------Original Message-------
From: Mike Wilson 
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
Subject: REFLECTOR: Transponder Antenna
Sent: 11 Jan '12 17:49

Has anyone tried to the flexible or comm antenna from AAE (Advanced Aircraft Electronics)?

I have the old style wing root mounted transponder antenna which provides less than desirable results.

I think my only other choice is to mess up my exterior paint and install the wire mess disc type next to the belly.

Thanks
Mike
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120111/2167ee38/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list