REFLECTOR: Elevator trim
Lou Stedman
stedmanlou at roadrunner.com
Wed Jan 11 08:49:20 CST 2012
Ron I put a speed control on my elevator trim and it works great. The problem I had was that my electric trim was too sensitive. I would trim up just a tiny bit, then I would have to trim down, and the cycle repeated itself. I don’t remember which speed control I used but there are several out there. Here is how mine works. When you hold down the trim switch, the motor is slowed down so that you can control a smaller movement. If you hold down the trim for three seconds, the motor speeds up. This helps for major trim when landing. I believe my unit came from Jack Wilhemson 843-884-5061
From: Ron N Velocity XLFG
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 9:07 AM
To: Brett Ferrell ; Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Elevator trim
Now before I jump off the and put this Dynamic braking on what is the censuses on the performance
of this add on . Since I am so new to fling the velocity and am working through so many other issues
at the same time Cooling, oil levels, plane performance and the like .
I do not know if this is a really needed mod or not yet though it seems like my plane may need it .
I have done a little investigating a speed control device for the trim also. Does the speed control
help more or would a combination of the two really help
Brett Thanks for the pointing out the wiki I tried searching the reflector archives with no luck .
Ron
----- Original Message -----
From: Brett Ferrell
To: reflector
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 5:47 AM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Elevator trim
If you have the strong trim, please make sure you're compliant with the AD.
http://www.velocityxl.com/showthread.php?8819-Airworthiness-Advisory-Strong-Pitch-Trim&highlight=strong+trim
Brett
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120111/2b79c8b5/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list