REFLECTOR: Elevator trim

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Tue Jan 10 20:53:02 CST 2012


The Strong system has a brake built into it.
-- 
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Geoff Gerhardt <geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for the explanation.  I have the Strong Pitch Trim.  While I'm not flying, I haven't noticed that it runs on significantly after the trim switch has been released, so I'm guessing that this has only been used for the factory trim.  I think it uses the same (similar?) linear actuator as the speed brake, and I have noticed that it does run on a bit after the switch has been released.


Geoff

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 6:49 PM, Laurence Coen <lwcoen at hotmail.com> wrote:

Thanks Sid, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Larry Coen
N136LC

--------------------------------------------------
From: "sbjknox" <sbjknox at earthlink.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 4:24 PM
To: <geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com>; "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>


Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Elevator trim


----- Original Message ----- From: "Geoff Gerhardt" <geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com>

Can you explain what you mean by "dynamic braking of the trim motor?"

Geoff

Look at the drawing from Laurence Coen.  Dynamic braking is when the circuit does not simply disconnect a DC motor to stop it but additionally connects its two terminals together to act as a 'short-circuit' across the still turning motor (now acting as a generator) and causing it to stop dead.

Sid
Oklahoma

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120110/b2ec79f2/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list