REFLECTOR: Velocity XLRG for sale

Cindie Paschal alcon at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 9 10:31:52 CST 2012


Hi Ron

Yes this is a Subaru engine conversion I purchased a crossflow engine in the 
beginning but I had so much trouble with George that everyone is aware of I 
finally decided to order a long block from Japan. I basically took the turbo 
pistons out of the engine the intake manifold the intercooler and exhaust 
system. Everything else in the engine was brand-new, I installed the ST I piston 
rods, high-performance racing bearings, had all the internal moving parts 
balanced within a half a gram. I also purchased a new T-3 T4 turboneties turbo 
so that I would have the assurance of all new components. I also had to replace 
the computer system so I went with Tracy Crooke duel computer system. I had 
talked to Alek about the computer and it sounded like a good product to me. 
Tracy is a very nice guy who really cares about customer service talk to him 
many times at Sun and fun and went to one of his flying ends at his home where 
he talks about the Mazda conversion. Tracy had about 1800 hrs. on his first 
Rotary he said he had about $5800 invested in the conversion, that sounds like 
quite a savings to me. I know there are a lot of guys out there that would not 
have anything other than a certified engine in their aircraft and I certainly 
understand, but some of us would like to move the ball a little bit closer to 
the goal post. That conversation will go on probably to the end of time. Ron if 
you have any other questions please give me a call .

                                                                                                                                                                   
 thanks Ed




________________________________
From: Ron Velocity XLFG <VelocityXL at fastmail.fm>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Sun, January 8, 2012 10:28:38 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Velocity XLRG for sale


What engine is in your plane?

From: Cindie Paschal 
Sent: Sunday, January 08, 2012 3:02 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org 
Subject: REFLECTOR: Velocity XLRG for sale
Hi guys
 
I've been working on my velocity project for about 11 years I finally got my 
inspection two weeks ago and have started high-speed taxi and getting ready for 
first flight. Due to the economy I have come to the realization that I may have 
to sell my project. My wife seems to think we need a roof over our head more 
than we need an airplane, I just don't understand that train of thought. I have 
invested 200,000+ in the aircraft but I know in this economy it's hard to get 
that kind of money, but I would entertain any honest offer that I could get. I 
haven't spent much time on the reflector but over the years you guys have been a 
lot of help it's hard to say the words I need to sell my airplane. But if you 
guys know of anyone interested in a high quality custom aircraft please let me 
know                    home phone770 336 9706                   cell phone770 
560 4241
                                                                                                                                                               
 &nbs p;         once again thanks Ed Paschal
________________________________
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit 
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20120109/4de57996/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list